The Beginner’s Guide to Kodi 17.1- Kodi 17.3
The basics about Kodi, its application, and how to start streaming
The Important Takeaways:
- Access to a wide variety of add-ons developed by the open source developer community
- Watch what you want when you want it
- Stream Legally and Responsibly
- Very User Friendly
- One time purchase cost for Zoomtak. No paid account is required for Kodi.
What is Kodi?
- Kodi 17.3 (formerly XBMC, a previous open-source software) is an open-source media application that is developed by non-profit group of programmers and businesses that allow viewers to stream online content by organizing streaming media files from sources online.
- Kodi transforms a digital plug-and-play box or streamer, allowing users the ability to stream content from the Internet, a home network and local storage. Unlike other TV streamers such as the Apple TV, Chromecast 2 and Amazon Fire TV Stick, Kodi isn’t governed by licensing or a curated app store, so it lets you access a variety of community-made apps or add ons, and watch whatever you want.
- Android Boxes commonly use the Kodi 17.3 application to manage the online streaming content into a compact and user-friendly format. This sometimes includes online streaming synopsis and cover art.
- Kodi 17.3 is able to offer this software for free by kindly asking for donations from their online community of streamers.
- Donations help Kodi 17.3 software writers and coders to continue to develop their software, provide bug fixes, and offer customization options such as skins and add-ons to tailor fit your specific viewing preferences.
Why Switch to Kodi 17.3?
- Stream by using secured and trusted sites.
- The new Kodi 17.3 “Krypton” offers the most up-to-date technology and fixes that enhance the online streaming experience.
- They’ve have reduced buffering times and frozen screens which have a direct positive impact that has increased the online streaming experience for the end-user.
- Kodi 17.1-17.3 krypton now use add-ons that employ HTTPS secured sites that promote secure content from secured add-on providers.
- Unlike Kodi 17.3, the previous versions of Kodi and other online streaming applications used online add-on content from non-secured HTTP sites. These sites could not guarantee that their content and add-ons were secure.
- Secure means that the content, add-ons, and bug fixes are being provided via an encrypted connection from the Kodi online streaming community.
Is it Legal?
- Yes. By downloading add-ons from HTTPS secured sites and with content from trusted developers of the Kodi online streaming community, you can stream responsibly.
- Kodi also accesses content over the internet using various “add-ons” created by members of the Kodi open source community. They do so with respect and abide by privacy and copyright laws. As always, nothing is guaranteed, and obviously, there are also add-ons that primarily offer free content. If you choose to use those add-ons, that is a decision that you alone are voluntarily making.
- There is an enormous amount of trusted online streaming TV shows and online streaming movies at your fingertips.
- Kodi allows you to navigate this area with clarity and options.
- The purchase of a Zoomtak Android TV box ranges from $750HKD – $1150HKD
- If you choose to donate money to Kodi developers and coders, the frequency and amount is up to you. You can give generously or not give anything at all.
- Time. You will have to invest some time to get familiar with your Zoomtak Kodi TV Box but they are easy to use and intuitive. There are many tutorials, videos, and forums to help you get started. They will also help you to refine your streaming skills.